Winter. There’s no denying that our long hot summer is behind us, and winter is here to stay. So it’s time to break out your woollens, hats, coats and scarves, boots, and beanies!
Why do I need a good quality clothes airer?
- Outdoor clothes lines and rain are not friends. I doubt they ever will be. It is nobody’s fault really; they just don’t get along.
- Air circulating around clothes allows them to dry more quickly and alleviates the ‘damp’ smell that can permeate clothes when not able to dry completely.
- Woollens need to be laid flat after washing to prevent stretched and misshapen clothing. Choosing an airer that allows you
- Electric clothes dryers are amongst the highest consumers of power by appliances in an average household.
- You could injure yourself by leaping up and dashing out the door to collect your washing when the rain comes.
We stock over 40 styles of laundry airer, so it can be hard to make the right decision. Do you need a wooden clothes airer or a rust proof airer? Which features will help you maximise your laundry storage? We’ve broken down the essentials for you.
How to pick the best clothes airer for you:
What clothing will you be using it for?
Where will you set your clothes horse up?
The optimum space for your airer will be in a sunny position with air flow like the living room, or an undercover outdoor area like a balcony or patio. If you live in an apartment or small house, consider using the bathroom or the laundry to dry your clothes.
How much space do you have?
Where and how will you store it?
Our range of collapsible clothes airers offer options for the smallest and narrowest of spaces, slipping inside slots and cupboards. Check out our Soko Home Collapsible Hangaway Clothes Airer which collapses into a small unit that will fit into your broom closet AND can double as a temporary hanging wardrobe.
Are you looking for a more permanent clothes drying rack?
If so, you are in luck. We stock the best wall mounted indoor clotheslines and concertina airers. From Leifheit’s Telegant Plus 100 Wall Mounted Clothes Airer that sits flush against the wall when not in use, to the sleek and shiny Brabantia Wallfix 24m Clothesline, we have you covered if you need an indoor clothes line.
TL:DR? Foppapedretti’s Gulliver Clothes Airer has it all.
Style, quality, 27 metres of horizontal and vertical hanging space, castors for ease of transport, and it collapses down to a very respectable 14cm width. Plus, it's made in Italy from rustproof aluminium and walnut.